Light industrial building are used for disassembling, assembling, manufacturing, fabricating processing packaging and repairing of materials. Light Industrial buildings are not contracted to spaces for commercial laundry, printing , film processing,repairing of vehicle ,cabinetry and metal work with maintenance.Light Industrial buildings are pocket friendly for the clients and also environmental friendly.
Light Industrial buildings must be made in a design to provide accommodation to a centred and focused working atmosphere with a large reliability on technology and machinery. Well designed circular spaces are important for the wellbeing and safety of the people in building and to enhance productivity.They are mainly steel buildings which propagate cost saving production . These buildings are of metal yet has proved to be reasonable, ameable and safe for the client. These buildings are mainly used for storing paper, boards, herbs and oils, and are made of aluminium grills and windows.These are currently being adopted to limit the pollution by various countries.
1. All functional needs should be taken in account: Light Industrial buildings are a lot of times built for vertical storage by installing high bays. The space is maximum utilised so that the machinery and person gets adequate space to move around.
2. Loads should be kept in mind while designing: Designs must be made with acknowledgement of the weight the total material stored . Seismic, wind, and snow material should be put near their place of utilisation. Always stronger racking should be done in the areas lying under seismic zones.
3. Utility and Power: While normal assumptions about them can be made but still specific steps for machinery practices are essential . The most important electricity requirement is high voltage for shop area and circuit for every machine. Light Industrial Buildings put one floor drain for each of two bays in building, oil traps and sand.
4. Load Dock: Light Industrial Buildings are designed with every 5 bay having one electro hydraulic leveling dock.This gives more storage space to the producer and hence makes it cost saving or effective.
5. Classification of occupancy : Occupancy should be classified based on moderate hazard zones.These should always be made with greater security as they are more prone to hazard than traditional ones.
6. Special heating system: Proper heating and ventilation for all areas and situations should be provided. At Least 100% exhaust should be installed in storage areas with, petroleum,paint, aerosol to prevent hazardous storing.Carbon monoxide detectors should be installed in areas of presence of combustible engines with detection of combustible gas where combustible gases and fuels are present.
7. Relevant standards and codes: Organization and agencies have invented standards and codes which might affect the layout of Light Industrial Buildings. These standards and codes should be requirement. Architects,consultant and engineers,should exceed the requirements when possible.
8. Handling of Hazardous material : Hazardous materials handling and storage should be a common activity in the Light Industrial Buildings because their designs include areas within the space that can keep such materials with security and safety.